Prepare to respond to hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction (WMD) incidents. This new edition provides first responders with information to take appropriate initial actions at WMD incidents and hazardous materials spills or releases. The focus is detailed information about hazardous materials initial operations.
NFPA 1072, Standard for Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications, 2017 Edition
Mission-Specific Competencies from NFPA 1072:
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Detection, Monitoring, and Sampling
- Victim Rescue and Recovery
- Product Control
- Evidence Preservation and Public Safety Sampling
- Illicit Laboratories
Key Features of the Text
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter
- Case Study to focus student learning
- Key Terms and Definition are highlighted
- Warning and Caution Boxes Emphasize Safety
- Review questions at the end of each chapter
40 skill sheets are provided at the end of chapters to provide step-by-step instructions to perform crucial skills.
Correlation to JPRs from NFPSA 1072 and NFPA 472 in Appendix A.
Hazardous Materials Technician, 2nd Edition & Exam Prep(print) Pkg
Save 10% when you purchase the package
- Hazardous Materials Technician, 2nd Edition Manual
- Exam Prep (Print)
IFSTA NEW Editions Streamline Driver/Operator Training The new editions of these bestselling IFSTA...
NEW! Hazardous Materials Technician, 2nd Edition JUST RELEASED! Meets the requirements of the new NFPA...
IFSTA’s Fire and Emergency Services Safety Officer, 2nd Edition meets the job performance requirements of...