APPLY NOW! OPEN APPLICATION PERIOD FOR 3 ASSISTANCE TO FIREFIGHTERS GRANTS
APPLICATION PERIODS ARE OPEN FOR THREE ASSISTANCE TO FIREFIGHTERS GRANT PROGRAMS!
APPLY NOW FOR THE FOLLOWING GRANTS:
- FY 2020 COVID 19 – Supplemental (AFG-S): will close on Friday, May 15, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- FY 2019 SAFER: will close on Friday, May 15, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- FY 2019 FP&S: will close on Friday, May 29, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Please thoroughly review the grant program’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) prior to beginning your application.
We recommend that you start your application by using the Application Technical Assistance Tools found on the AFG website under AFG Breaking News. These tools were produced specifically to help potential applicants plan their applications.
Online applications for all three grant programs are available through the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program’s FEMA GO (FEMA Grants Outcomes) portal at https://go.fema.gov. FEMA GO user guides with instructions for initiating grant applications can be found at: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/182376.
With multiple applications available, it is important to double check to make sure you are working on the program application you wish to apply for. The name of the program will be at the top of the application.
All users have their own FEMA GO account. Each account is specific to the authorized user and must not be shared with other personnel. A FEMA GO Account Creation User Guide can be viewed on the AFGP website or downloaded to your computer. An application number will be assigned when the application is started. Be sure to write it down for future reference.
NOTE: When completing the Applicant Information section for all application types (SAFER, FP&S, and AFG-S), the “applicant name” should be the name of the fire department or organization applying for the grant, not the name of the person who is completing the application.
Fire Grants Help Desk: If you have questions about the NOFOs or technical assistance tools, call or e-mail the Fire Grants Help Desk. The toll-free number is 1-866-274-0960; the e-mail address for questions is email@example.com. The Fire Grants Help Desk is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
SAM.GOV REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO APPLY AND RECEIVE GRANTS
All eligible applicants must be registered and active in the System for Award Management (SAM) before you can submit an application. Per 2 CFR § 25.205, FEMA may not make an award to an entity until the entity has complied with the requirements to provide a valid DUNS number and maintain an active SAM.gov registration with current information. SAM.gov consolidates federal procurement systems and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA). To register, or validate your information, please visit: https://www.sam.gov/SAM/
SAM.gov Registration Tips:
Please ensure the following items are current in SAM and the DUNS number used in SAM is the same one you use for all FEMA applications:
- Organization’s name
- Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Banking information (type of account (checking or saving), routing number, and account number
- Many websites may look official in appearance but are not. As a reminder, registration in the SAM.gov is FREE
- SAM.gov registration is only active for one year and must be renewed annually.
- This information should be consistent in all registration documents
Should you need assistance with your SAM.gov account, there are several ways to get help:
- Submit your SAM.gov question online to the Federal Service Help Desk at https://www.fsd.gov/fsd-gov/home.do
- Call the Federal Service Help Desk toll free at 1-866-606-8220; open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time
- SAM Quick Start Guide For New Grantee Registration and SAM Video Tutorial for New Applicants are tools created by the General Services Administration to assist those registering with the System for Award Management (SAM).
SUBMITTING PREPARER INFORMATION
FEMA requires that all applicants disclose the name, address and contact information of the person or organization, to include contracted grant writers, who are responsible for preparing the application. Please ensure that this information is accurate at the time of submission. As a reminder, all applicants must attest that all information contained within the application, including preparer information, to be true, complete, and accurate to the best of your knowledge. If you contract with a grant writer, and they either refuse, or provide advice to not list them in the preparer information section of the application, please notify the AFG program office.
Web Browser Information
FEMA GO is compatible with Internet Explorer (version 11 or higher), Firefox (version 73 or higher), or Chrome (version 80 or higher). Users who attempt to use tablet type devices or other browsers may encounter issues with using FEMA GO.
Do you want the most up-to-date information on FEMA Grant programs – Follow us on Twitter @FEMAGrants
SHARE YOUR SUCCESS STORY