(Revision) Closing Soon – AFG-S 2 FY 2020 COVID 19 For Volunteer/Combination Departments – Supplemental Application Period Ends 11.13.20 5:00 P.M. ET
ASSISTANCE TO FIREFIGHTERS GRANT FY 2020 COVID 19 – SUPPLEMENTAL (AFG-S 2) FUNDING APPLICATION PERIOD ENDS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 13, 5 PM ET
Note: Yesterday’s eBlast contained the wrong closing date, AFG-S 2 FY 2020 COVID 19 for Volunteer/Combination Departments will close on Friday, November 13, 5 p.m. ET. FEMA will not review applications that are received after the deadline or consider them for funding.
Ask the Help Desk
See commonly asked questions about the AFG-S 2 application below:
Question 1. Item eligibility: Are items such as self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), EMS jackets/pants, decontamination equipment, personnel costs, and fitness equipment eligible under the grant?
Answer: The Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) specifies the type of PPE that is applicable under the grant, and can be found below or in the chart on page 26 of the NOFO.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) List – Funding Priorities
- Eye Protection – Appropriately fitted, indirectly vented goggles or single use disposable face shield that fully covers the front and sides of the face.
- Isolation Gowns – Nonsterile, single use fluid-resistant and impermeable patient isolation gown.
- Protective Coveralls – 360-degree protection of whole body, including the back, lower legs and feet.
- Gloves – Patient examination gloves.
- Footwear Covers – Single use, disposable medical footwear covers.
- Respirators – Any NIOSH-approved particulate respirator (i.e., N-95 or higher-level respirator). Includes the purchase of filters appropriate for use.
- Surgical Type Face Masks – loose-fitting, single use disposable physical barrier between the mouth and nose of the wearer to allow fire and EMS personnel to meet CDC recommendations and/or state mandates for face covering when in a public setting other than direct patient contact.
- Other supplies are also eligible, however will be considered a lower priority than items listed above. Examples include:
- Decontamination supplies and services for PPE, station-quarters, and vehicles.
- Replacement High-Efficiency Particulate Air filters and other types of disposable filtration supplies used on EMS respiratory and/or ventilator equipment.
- Personally-issued antiseptic hand washes, antiseptic hand rubs such as alcohol-based hand sanitizers , foams or gels, and reasonable refill supply.
Questions 2. Item classification: How much leeway is there classifying an item under a category? – For example, whether EMS jackets/pants would correlate to “coveralls” in the NOFO?
Answer: It depends. The eligible items are specific to the authorization language, which only allows for the purchase of PPE used in response or preparation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency. Applicants would need to justify how the purchase of the PPE directly relates to the COVID-19 response.
Question 3. Reimbursement: How can I get reimbursed for supplies I have already purchased?
Answer: Reimbursements are eligible for the purchase of PPE dating back to Jan 1, 2020. However, the items must also align with the eligible items list; see chart above.
The AFG-S 2 grant program application is available online through the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program’s FEMA GO (FEMA Grants Outcomes) application portal at https://go.fema.gov.
All users have their own FEMA GO account. Each account is specific to the authorized user and must not be shared with other personnel. A FEMA GO Account Creation User Guide can be viewed on the AFGP website or downloaded to your computer. An application number will be assigned when the application is started. Be sure to write it down for future reference.
NOTE: When completing the Applicant Information section, the “applicant name” should be the name of the fire department or organization applying for the grant, not the name of the person who is completing the application.
To start the application process, we recommend that you review the AFG-S 2 NOFO and Application Technical Assistance Tools found on the AFG website under Guidance Documents.
FY19 Assistance to Firefighter Grant Program (AFG) Turndown Webinars
|Title||Date||Time||Time Zone||Link (right click to open)|
|FY19 AFG Turndown Webinar||11/10/2020||1 p.m.||Eastern||Webinar Schedule page|
|FY19 AFG Turndown Webinar||11/12//2020||3 p.m.||Eastern||Webinar Schedule page|
|FY19 AFG Turndown Webinar||11/17/2020||1 p.m.||Eastern||Webinar Schedule page|
|FY19 AFG Turndown Webinar||11/19/2020||3 p.m.||Eastern||Webinar Schedule page|
|FY20 AFG Program Overview||11/24/2020||1 p.m.||Eastern||Webinar Schedule page|
AFG Help Desk Extended Hours
The AFG Help Desk will operate on extended hours during this final week of the AFG-S 2 application period. On November 9, 10, and 12th, the help desk will be available from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. ET. The help desk will be available on Friday, November 13th, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. You can reach the help desk by phone at (866) 274-0960 or by email at email@example.com.
Do you want the most up-to-date information on FEMA Grant programs – Follow us on Twitter @FEMAGrants
SHARE YOUR SUCCESS STORY