FY 2019 Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Application Period Continues
The FY 2019 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) application period closes Friday, March 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM ET, review the guidance materials below and apply today.
- FY 2019 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Cost Share Calculator
- Application Checklist
- Narrative Get Ready Guide – Narrative
- Organization Evaluation – Vehicle Acquisition
- Organization Evaluation – Operations & Safety
FEMA GO Portal – Apply Now
FY 2019 AFG Application Webinars
FEMA is hosting a series of webinars to assist applicants with the new FEMA GO online grant application. Live webinars will take place every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday throughout the open application period. Please refer the Webinar Schedule Page for all dates and times.
Before you Submit:
- Proofread your application: mistakes or errors on your AFG application can disqualify you or your organization for grant award consideration.
- If you included any “filler” or placeholder text while filling out your application, remember to update the application fields with your final and complete answers before submitting application.
- Make sure your sentences and paragraphs present clear thoughts and ideas.
- Confirm that your narrative explains your organization’s needs in a way that someone would easily understand.
- Check your inventory amounts and costs for all items that you are requesting and confirm that there are no discrepancies between the Request Details Information section of the application and the Narrative.
- Make sure that you have described your organizations needs in your voice. Do not copy from vendors, manufacturers, etc.
- Ask a colleague who is not involved with the actual writing of the grant to proofread your application.
- Confirm that your bank and sam.gov information is accurate and up-to-date.
Compare your funding request with the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)