IFSTA NEW Editions Streamline Driver/Operator Training
The new editions of these bestselling IFSTA fire apparatus driver/operator training materials mark a new approach to training driver/operators. Previously, IFSTA published two separate manuals with student and instructor support materials: Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook and Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook. Fire departments with both types of apparatus needed two manuals, two curriculum and driver/operator trainees needed two exam preps to study for tests.
The release of the 3rd edition of these manuals streamlines the IFSTA training resources. The Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook, 3rd Edition covers pumping apparatus only, the second book in the pair, Pumping and Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook, 3rd Editioncontains the same 15 chapters as the pumping apparatus textbook, plus an additional 5 chapters relevant to aerial apparatus. Personnel on departments that operate both types of apparatus now only need one manual and one curriculum for training. Students only need one exam prep to prepare for testing. If a fire department does not use aerial apparatus, they use the Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook, 3rd Edition and omit the aerial sections of the curriculum and exam prep which include all 20 chapters.
Chapters 2 and 3 are especially beneficial for all driver/operators: Inspection and Maintenance and Safety and Operating Emergency Vehicles.
Pumping and Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook, 3rd Edition
- Skill Sheets now included
- Key Terms added
- Aerial apparatus safety emphasizes the most common risks based on actual incidents including: stabilizing equipment before raising the aerial device, wearing fall protection, and avoiding power lines
- Hydraulic calculations presented in a logical sequence making teaching and learning easier
- Strategy and tactics include assessing rescue priorities specifically for aerial placement and deployment
- Chapters address proper stabilization; positioning; and operation of telescoping and articulating aerial devices
Save 10% when you purchase the package.
- Pumping and Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook, 3rd Edition
- Exam Prep (Print)
Instructor Resource Kit
The Instructor Resource Kit (IRK) provides teaching materials in an all-inclusive and discounted kit for instructors. The IRK provides easy storage and all the instructional materials needed for driver operator classes. The IRK provides instructors an easy way to store and transport all instructional materials to any teaching location.
The IRK includes:
- Pumping Apparatus Driver Operator/Handbook, 3rd Edition (Print)
- Pumping Apparatus Driver Operator/Handbook, 3rd Edition Curriculum on USB Flash Drive
- Pumping Apparatus Driver Operator/Handbook, 3rd Edition, Exam Prep Print
Save when you purchase the package https://www.ifsta.org/shop/pumping-and-aerial-apparatus-driver-operator-handbook-3rd-irk/36754
ALL NEW CURRICULUM JUST RELEASED https://www.ifsta.org/shop/principles-vehicle-extrication-4th-edition-curriculum-usb-flash-drive/36863 59 Skill Sheets This all NEW text...
ALL NEW Strategy and Tactics with 15 Structure Fire Training Scenarios Be a...
Prepare to respond to hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction (WMD) incidents....