System for Award Management (SAM) Reminders
This is a reminder that per the FY 2018 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Programs (AFGP) all grant applicants must have been registered in System for Award Management (SAM) prior to submitting their online application.
All Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG), Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER), and Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) grant applicants must maintain an active SAM registration with current information at all times while they have an application pending or have an active federal award.
FEMA may not make an award to an applicant if they do not have an active SAM.gov registration with current information.
Therefore, we recommended that all applicants check their SAM.gov account to make sure it is “ACTIVE.” Please ensure the following items are current in SAM and the DUNS number used in SAM is the same one you use for all FEMA applications:
- Organization’s name
- Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Banking information (type of account (checking or saving), routing number, and account number
- Many websites may look official in appearance but are not. As a reminder, registration in the SAM.gov is FREE
- SAM.gov registrations are only active for one year and registration must be renewed and revalidated at least every 12 months from the date previously registered to avoid being “INACTIVE”.
- This information should be consistent in all registration documents
Should you need assistance with your SAM.gov account, there are several ways to get help:
- Submit your SAM.gov question online to the Federal Service Help Desk at https://www.fsd.gov/fsd-gov/home.do
- Call the Federal Service Help Desk toll free at 1-866-606-8220
- SAM Quick Start Guide For New Grantee Registration and SAM Video Tutorial for New Applicants are tools created by the General Services Administration to assist those registering with the System for Award Management (SAM).
If you have questions or concerns about your SAM.gov registration, please contact the Federal Support desk at https://www.fsd.gov